5 Signs it’s Time to Give Your Home a Paint Makeover
Sunday, February 8th, 2015, 7:22 am , Posted by Admin
Painting is one of the best ways to give your home a makeover without breaking the bank. A simple colour change can go a long way to breathing new life into a space that seems dull, dated, and in need of some updating. Whether you have noticed some issues with the paint at home, it’s been a long time since you have painted, you are planning to sell your home or people are starting to make comments, there are many signs that it’s time to consider painting and updating the look of your home.
Here are 5 telltale signs that it’s time to add some colour to your home by painting:
- Flaking and Peeling: This is one of the most obvious signs that it’s time to give your home a paint makeover. If the paint on the exterior or interior of your home has started to dry out or peel, it’s time to get out your paint brush. In most cases, you will notice flaking first around window sills, in corners and areas where walls come together.
- Fading: Do your wall colours seem to be fading away? Was that once bright and vibrant accent wall not so noticeable anymore? Fading happens on both interior and exterior walls. It often happens due to sun exposure and is most noticeable on darker colours; however, you can notice it on lighter colours as well. It’s a sign that the paint is breaking down and in need of some attention.
- Age: Can you remember the last time you painted? If not, it may be time to start thinking about it. It is recommended that you apply a fresh coat of paint about every 8 years or so to keep things looking fresh. Plus, painting will help get rid of those pesky marks on the wall, chips, helping to add some new life to your home.
- Colour: Do you frequently walk into a room or look at an accent wall and wonder what you were thinking when you chose that paint colour? It might have seemed like a good idea then, but now it makes a room or area look dated. The good thing about paint colours is that you can always paint over them. Choose a new colour and erase your paint selection mistakes from years ago.
- Dated Designs: Whether you have just moved into a new hour, are doing a renovation or its just time to change some things up, painting can quickly help you overcome dated designs. If you want you paint to stand the test of time, choose neutral paint colours and avoid taking too many risks – this will help you avoid having a dated design every decade.
Ready to paint? Investing in high quality paint products and supplies is the key to a good paint job. Contact us today with all your paint related questions. We are happy to help you choose the perfect paint product for your home.